So you’ve found your caterer; the food is amazing, you’re happy with the decorations, and everything seems like it’s going to go perfectly.
But planning isn’t everything, and there are always details that can be forgotten.
If you want your party to be perfect, then you need to be sure you know what you want. Here are some tips to get the most out of your relationship with your caterer.
1. Communicate! It might be the most important thing. Make sure you have discussed presentation, timing, and clean-up with your caterer so that everything can fall into place without a hitch.
2. Understand terms for yourself and your catering team. Talk to your caterer about how involved you want to be during the party. Turn it over to your caterer, be a gracious host and have fun.By making sure your catering team understands exactly what you want, you can get into host mode and really enjoy your own party.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If something is bothering you, ask your caterer about it. Most likely, if you have good caterer, your question or concern will already have been dealt with, but it’s very important to make sure that your caterer knows exactly what you want.
4. Be specific. If you have special guests or specific instructions, tell your catering team so they can make it happen. This will ensure that Aunt Brenda gets her salad dressing on the side and your father-in-law is never without his scotch.
5. Make sure your catering team understands the venue. Knowing the space is huge. If the team understands it well, you shouldn’t have any worries during your party, and won’t need to even think about the way things are going.